Director of Business Development
The Detroit Region Aerotropolis Development Corporation is a four-community, two-county public-private economic development partnership driving corporate expansion and new investment around Detroit Metro and Willow Run Airports. The Aerotropolis is the premiere location for greenfield expansion in Southeast Michigan, offering 6,000 acres of development-ready land centered in a world-class network of transportation infrastructure.
Detroit Region Aerotropolis Development Corporation is seeking a Director of Business Development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend applicable industry trade shows, conferences, and site selector events to generate business development leads.
- Utilize various databases to generate business development leads.
- Monitor applicable industry news, trends, and companies to identify business development leads.
- Engage with relevant company contacts or site selectors via social media, email, trade shows and conferences, or by other necessary means, to generate business development leads.
- Perform all necessary research and analysis to provide clear and timely responses to RFPs.
- Manage business development pipeline projects as appropriate, including but not limited to timely and regular follow up, and providing weekly updates to Executive Director.
- Manage other non-business development related projects as assigned.
- Track all business-development related activity, including but not limited to the number of: leads received, RFP responses, site tours, events attended, delegations hosted, etc.
- Manage the implementation of marketing initiatives, including but not limited to ensuring that Aerotropolis marketing firm's action items are delivered on time.
- Manage office IT as assigned
- Perform necessary board meeting preparation work including but not limited to posting public notices formatting agendas, assembling and distributing board packets, recording meeting minutes and ensuring resolution certification.
- Manage organizational records and their storage, both physical and digital, including but not limited to meeting minutes, policies, and various project documents.
The Director of Business Development is required to attend after-hours activities and networking events, as well as out-of-state travel, which can be expected to be quarterly or more.
Bachelor's degree required
This position requires a minimum of 3 years professional economic development, sales, or marketing experience.
Deadline to Apply: Until filled
Please include cover letter and resume.