Job Title: Executive Director
The Detroit Region Aerotropolis Development Corporation is a four-community, two-county public-private economic development partnership driving corporate expansion and new investment around Detroit Metro and Willow Run Airports. The Aerotropolis is the premiere location for greenfield expansion in Southeast Michigan, offering 6,000 acres of development-ready land centered in a world-class network of transportation infrastructure.
Detroit Region Aerotropolis Development Corporation is seeking a dynamic, strategic-minded and savvy individual to serve as Executive Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Board Governance and Communication
- Ensure compliance with governing legislation and internal organizational policies, including but not limited to the Urban Cooperation Act, Next Michigan Development Act, Aerotropolis Interlocal Agreement (ILA), and Aerotropolis Bylaws.
- Host quarterly board meetings and lead the development of meeting agendas and accompanying documentation.
- Ensure frequent and transparent communication with board members, their respective elected bodies, and respective finance and development authorities regarding Aerotropolis activity, both digitally and face-to-face.
Marketing and Business Development
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated marketing campaign to increase awareness of the Aerotropolis, as both a region and an organization, including but not limited to event hosting and media inquiry management.
- Coordinate strategy and implementation for Aerotropolis' marketing, branding, creative, and social media.
- Generate business attraction leads for the region and develop strategic partnerships with potential lead generation providers.
- Conduct and/or oversee organizational project management of corporate expansion projects, in conjunction with respective Aerotropolis stakeholders.
- Manage incentive processes for Next Michigan Development Corporation incentives that may be utilized, including PA 198 Tax Abatements, the Aerotropolis LDFA, and Renaissance Zones
Budget and fundraising
- Build an annual budget that sufficiently funds the implementation of the Aerotropolis business attraction strategy while ensuring long-term financial sustainability of the organization.
- Manage relationship with Aerotropolis marketing, the firm responsible for the Aerotropolis' financial services and human resources needs.
- Lead day-to-day fiscal management of the organization.
- Serve as internal lead on an annual independent audit, as initiated by the Board.
- Increase private sector funding in the Aerotropolis.
Organizational Development and Staff Management
- Ensure the strategic development of the Aerotropolis, including but not limited to identifying new means to achieve its mission of driving corporate expansion and new investment around Detroit Metro and Willow Run Airports.
- Lead the professional development and effectively manage the workload of Aerotropolis staff.
- Ensure that the Aerotropolis is a safe, secure, and welcoming environment, for both staff and guests.
The Executive Director is required to attend after-hours activities and networking events, as well as out-of-state travel, which can be expected to be quarterly or more.
Bachelor's degree required; Graduate degree or advanced training in economic development, business, law, public administration or related fields is preferred.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of professional Economic Development or related experience.
Deadline to Apply: Until filled
Please include cover letter and resume.