A fun opportunity to work in the Department of Human Resources and assist the Director with many projects.
Under the supervision of the Director of Personnel/Human Resources (P/HR), the Executive Assistant will be assigned a variety of responsibilities and will need to provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
The Annual Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of administrative support experience, including two years supporting a Director level or higher
- Experience in a Human Resources department preferred
- Associate's degree or Higher Preferred
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- A business-minded professional with five or more years of increasingly responsible administrative positions with demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is service-oriented.
- A functional administrator who delivers services with a pragmatic approach to business partnership and operations.
- An outstanding coach and mentor with engaging and approachable personality. Will have experience working successfully with all levels of staff, from front-line through senior executive.
- Experience in prioritization and negotiation with demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple business leaders/ partners working across different business units.
- Highly collaborative and action-oriented, with strong influencing skills
- Confident and strong personal initiative as someone who is willing to get out in the field, roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Operationally focused with ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Handle all FOIA request for the entire Wayne County government.
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties for Director of Personnel and assist with monthly budget preparation, purchasing and inventory for the P/HR department.
- Schedule conference rooms and order food for staff meetings.
- Handle all of the blanket orders, purchase orders and requisitions for the P/HR department.
- Prepare travel arrangements for department managers and leadership group.
- Prepare travel plan for the Wayne County employees domestically.
- Generate contracts, amendments, and service agreements for vendors.
- Coordinate meetings, schedule conference calls and appointments.
- Organize monthly departmental meetings.
- Sign authority for petty cash and office supplies.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Attend meetings to record minutes.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine there significance and plan their distribution.
- Maintain records management database systems.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping, to aid executives.
- Provide clerical support to other departments, as needed.
Wayne County is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Military Personnel, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.