The Systems Architect functions as the Software Security Analyst and will assist the Network Security Team Lead in developing a Software Security Testing program for both internally and externally developed systems. The Systems Architect will work with the in-house Applications development team and/or on project teams for new systems being introduced to the network environment.
This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform application security testing for applications developed both in house, or purchased from a vendor
- Perform mobile platforms (iPhone, Android, QNX) and mobile software development
- Develop a DEVOPs program to ensure a Development Lifecycle is followed using OWASP and other industry standards
- Ensure that best practices are used in the development and implementation of new system software.
- Assist with malware and other malicious code analysis.
- Contribute to the development of a Penetration Testing strategy including Web services testing, wireless testing, and application pen testing.
- Assist with analysis and assessment of security risks.
- Ensure protection of all classified data (HIPAA, PII, PHI, and CJIS).
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related degree; AND
- A minimum 3 years full time paid experiencein a Software Security position with a strong background in User Authentication. This experience must include Penetration Testing.
Other Desired Experience Includes:
- Hands on experience with system attack and penetration testing tools, such as metasploit and others
- Experience developing in QNX and other embedded operating systems
- Experience in developing personal and enterprise security products
- Experience with malware analysis tools and techniques
- SQL DB testing - Proficient in SQL injection and form validation
- Have a strong background in SQL querying
- Linux experience as a Security tool is a plus (i.e. Kali, etc.)
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayne County is committed to a policy of non-discriminatory practices. No person may be excluded from participation in any activity under the jurisdiction of the County of Wayne on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, pregnancy, weight, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest record, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status under state, local or federal law.