The Systems Engineeris responsible for design, implementation & support of data systems required to support Wayne County Data Services and Business Intelligence work streams. As the Data Integration Specialist, this position will be working closely with business users, Data Architect, Database Administrator and Report Writer.Responsibilities will include:
- Designs, develops and tests BI solutions, such as databases, data warehouses, queries and views, reports, and dashboards to support multiple work streams related to Wayne County ERP project.
- Architect, design, build, test, implement and maintain code to support data processing, and flows through a data warehouse.
- Architect, design (including data model), develop, implement, and maintain code for ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) transformations.
- Create visualization and reports to support various integrations related work streams
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts to gather and analyze requirements, develop data models & data capture strategy, and develop technical design specifications.
- Works on multiple projects as a team member, sometime as a technical lead.
- Participates in work stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing, and delivery.
- Participates in project management estimate process.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Documents new and existing models, solutions and implementations.
Eligible Candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, or Mathematics. (specialized training/certification or equivalent work experience will be accepted at the discretion of the Department of Human Resources); AND
- A minimum of5 years full time paid experience in an Information Technology environment.
*Developing ETL processes (preferably Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services packages) (SSIS) andsupporting end user reporting tools (preferably Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Power BI) is preferred for experience.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayne County is committed to a policy of non-discriminatory practices. No person may be excluded from participation in any activity under the jurisdiction of the County of Wayne on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, pregnancy, weight, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest record, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status under state, local or federal law.