Provide support to Safety and Industrial Hygiene in the execution and successful implementation of Safety Design and Launch.
Customers: Site Safety Leaders, Engineering Center Lead Project Engineers, Site Manufacturing Engineers, Global facilities, Launch Teams and Leadership.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Collaboration with various customers and stakeholders in the successful execution of the Safety Management System components related to Safety Design and Launch
- Effective collaboration and team development with engineering organizations
- Interaction with functional groups and stakeholders for implementation of common Safety Design and Launch system.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Safety and Health related degree.
- Demonstrated leadership in complex Safety and Industrial Hygiene and manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of building relationships being collaborative, decisive, innovative, inspirational, and visionary
- Leadership competencies and the ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Influences diverse constituencies
- Communicating Effectively
Attend build events at supplier/integrator and plan to assist in the resolution of safety issues.
- Participate in risk assessments as needed.
- Ensure risk assessments and safety design reviews are performed on all machinery, equipment and applicable manufacturing processes.
- Ensure all safety requirements are implemented during tooling and equipment, build, installation, debug and validation.
- Document and track completion of all machinery/equipment safety buy-offs.
- Notify the Regional Safety Design & Launch Leader of new technologies at site.
- Participate in review meetings.
- Launch issues related to safety are captured, tracked and reviewed on launch walls.
Skills and Experience Required:
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate the essential functions of the job.
- Functional/Technical Capability and Problem Solving:
- Understanding of national and local regulatory requirements related to machinery/equipment safety.
- Identifying S&IH hazards and assessing associated risks
- Conducting machinery/equipment risk assessments and production commissioning (buy-off).
- Managerial Courage & Conflict Management:
- Confidently provides direct, complete and actionable feedback (positive and corrective)
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities
- Can settle disputes equitably and find common ground with minimum noise
- Business Acumen and Drive for Results:
- Knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the organization
- Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and informal network
- Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures
- Interpersonal Savvy and Building Effective Teams:-
- Defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging
- Builds constructive and effective relationships through diplomacy and tact
Minimum Education Required:
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Driver's License
- Personal Credit Card