Global Information Technology is Professional IT training and consulting services corporation that has been in business since 1999. Apart from training we also offer services in the areas of Staffing, Networking solutions, Web design and consulting. We have an urgent need for Team Lead - Web Tools for our client.
Job Title: Team Lead - Web Tools
Location: US-MI-Auburn Hills
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a team lead position on the tools team to execute and maintain critical Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes. Primary role is to expand implementation of the processes as they evolve, and perform administration of automation tools such as Jenkins and SVN, and will work closely with development teams to ensure performance and maximum efficiency.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Years of experience 10+ years of IT experience
- Good Communication, team work and customer interaction skills are mandatory
- Bachelor of science or similar education
- Some travel may be required to review services from both internal and external services provider and to remain aligned with the various internal business units.
- Experienced Devops engineer with strong background in Chef, Knife, Ruby and other automation and configuration management tools.
- Experienced in WebSphere administration background (Application Servers, Portal, BPM etc) 5-10 years
- Strong experience in LDAP, iSAM/TAM background 3-5 years
- Strong experience in Java, JSP, Servlets, Ajax, XML, JQuery and JSON web technologies 5 years
- Strong experience in maintaining Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, Jboss/Wildfly 3-5 years
- Strong Linux/Unix background 5-7 years
- Continuous Integration tools like Github/SVN, Jenkins and Maven 3 years
- Managing complex programs or projects (preferably in the Digital or Website space) with SDLC knowledge 2 years
- Java development tools like Eclipse required 1-3 years
- Content Management and administration skills in Liferay, AEM
- Support for build and deploy tools, such as Jenkins. Develop and maintain Continuous Integration processes, tools and execution; includes test frameworks, code quality analysis, etc
- Support Chef-based, site-specific and application-specific cookbooks.
- Use scripting languages such as Ruby or Python, CLI shells and maybe some Perl to automate processes and maintain the application environments.
- Work with development teams to improve performance, scalability, and reliability of the systems in the cloud. Troubleshoot and resolve internal and customer problems in a timely manner
- Participate in process analysis and documentation
- Support for artifact management repositories, including Nexus.
- Support version control systems, repositories, such as GitHub or Subversion.
- Support for various Atlassian products such as Confluence and Jira.
- Support LDAP integrations for all tools, internal and external
- Support initial DNS configurations and setup
The customer is looking to leveraging DevOps methodology for continuous deployment so to provide the speed and flexibility to support 120+ applications.
As an Organizations using DevOps practices are overwhelmingly high functioning, this role will help Web Team and other cross functional groups to develop and mature these practices to support multiple dealer facing applications.
In addition, this role will deliver the following:
- Analyze the usage and optimize current deployment architecture to reduce cost and improve performance.
- Enable the use of agile and other development processes and methodologies from the tool's side.
- Help for an increased rate of production releases for application and business unit stakeholders.
- Increase the usage of automation and configuration management tools.
If you think you fit the aforementioned requirement, kindly apply online or get back to us with your updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com