Working as a Lead Electrical Engineer, supporting a major OEM's automotive lighting projects, the position has wide scope across NA Branch and company headquarters (HQ) in Korea.
Development of the complete electrical architecture for Exterior Automotive lighting systems and/or control modules, also collaborate with engineers from mechanical, CAE, manufacturing and testing departments.
- Responsible for the technical coordination of the development of Control Units or LED Electronics from quotation to serial production to meet timing, performance, cost and quality requirements. Leading a team of engineers within one or more projects.
- Support DFMEA, DVP&R, wiring schematics, component selection on assigned programs per customer requirements.
- Technical interface to the Customer for all electrical matters, requirement management and coordination of quality planning.
- Responsible for electrical system engineering
- Working with the sales and purchasing team to meet cost and price targets
- Presenting results and negotiating solutions to the customer
- Technical management of suppliers (EMS)
- Compliance to and maintenance of internal processes per automotive standards. Assure process compliance within the project team.
- Work collaboratively with Local Customers, Local team members, Research engineers from Korea and/or in Korea- Your project(s) may accompany HQ research engineers remotely or on your business site.
Consult with Expatriate coordinator to enhance communication with R&D HQ.
5+ years of experience within electrical development in the exterior automotive lighting sector with a good knowledge of automotive electronics processes.
Minimum B.S. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree required. Preferably Master's Level degree.