POSITION POSTED: Court Clerk I
LIMITED TERM and PART TIME POSITION: 6 month term of employment, up to 40 hours per pay period, not to exceed 29 hours per week.
SALARY: $17.90 per hour
The following information contains general duties of the position and is not all inclusive. Job responsibilities are subject to assignment by the Judge.
This person will be required to use all hardware and software applications operated by the Court, including all Microsoft Office products, the CourtView case management system, imaging, and video/digital recording. Required skill development for future applications could include: e-filing and Web-based access and processing.
- Knowledge of and ability to appropriately apply the Estates and Protected Individuals Code (EPIC), Michigan Court Rules, court procedures, legal terminology, and Court paper flow to accomplish departmental responsibilities.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Timely and accurately assists the Court process by ensuring that all endorsements, orders, and CourtView docket/hearing information conforms to the Judge's decisions and are processed in accordance with all phases of Probate law and Court Rule.
- Maintains the image of the Judge's office and the Court through professional, courteous, accurate, and timely responses to requests and inquiries made by the judge, attorneys, coworkers, management and the public as required
- Generate Letters of Authority for cases heard in courtroom and as directed.
- Maintains court files and records with accuracy, including correctly and timely entering data into CourtView using specific computer codes, and scanning/imaging documents when applicable.
- Assist with the operation of the courtroom.
- Monitors a variety of CourtView, Quality Assurance, and SCAO reports to ensure accurate and timely completion of matters associated with the Judge's Courtroom. Collect, assemble, and analyze data from case files to determine case status, compile list of delinquent cases for Judge's review, prepare worksheets for Judge's review/determination, generate orders of suspension, administrative closings as needed.
- As needed, manage and control the Judge's docket and courtroom to ensure its smooth and efficient operation, including managing the schedule/blocks in CourtView.
- As needed, operates and verifies the functionality of the courtroom recording equipment to ensure court proceedings are recorded and published to the network.
- Fill in and provide assistance to the Courtroom Coordinator and Court Clerk II and other courtrooms and staff as required.
- Facilitates the work of management by performing other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Will be determined through: 1) Written examination(s) that may include an in-basket exercise; and, 2) An oral interview by a management panel appointed by the employer to determine the appointee's fitness and ability to do the job.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Management will make all determinations as to what assessments will be used to establish qualifications. Application must be made on an application form which may be obtained from the Wayne County Probate Court Personnel Office or downloaded from the EUG and accompanied by a cover letter. The application may be used both for determining admission to the examination and for assistance in rating qualifications and ability to do the job. Applicants will be notified of the time and place of the examination. If you are handicapped, you must notify the Employer in writing of the need for accommodation in connection with job duties.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN THE PERSONNEL OFFICE
NOTE: CONTRACTUAL LANGUAGE IN AFSCME LOCAL 1659 ARTICLE 13 WILL APPLY
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER