Wayne County Department of Information Technology
Service Desk Team Lead
Salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications
This is a perfect opportunity to join Wayne County's Department of Information Technology. The service desk team is dedicated to satisfying client's needs and issues. This position will take the lead in motivating team members and promoting a positive, fun and successful work area. Thank you for your interest!
Summary of Responsibilities:
In the Department of Information Technology (DoIT), the Service Desk is the first point of contact for internal and external users when there are service disruptions. The Service Desk provides a point of communication to the end user and a point of coordination for several DoIT groups and processes. The Service Desk role is distinct and separate from any other group within DoIT. This position is the lead of the Enterprise Applications Service Desk group and is responsible for providing leadership, direction and oversight to the team.
- Manage all Service Desk staff to provide 1st level technical support, answering support queries via phone and email.
- Act as a further escalation point for unresolved or escalated calls.
- Report to department leadership team on any issues that could significantly impact the business.
- Ensure all Service Desk staff adheres to Wayne County and Department of Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Perform training on all new applications, policies, procedures, etc.
- Hold Service Desk team meetings to identify areas of improvement, gaps in service, and recognize outstanding team members.
- Perform related duties as needed to ensure the proper operation of the Service Desk.
- Develop a continued service improvement plan on a quarterly base to address suggested improvements.
- Mentor staff to improve the capabilities of the Service Desk team.
- Create and maintain the on call, holiday, and daily call center work schedules. This also includes approving or denying time off requests.
- Ensure appropriate escalation procedures are defined and followed to meet the stated goal of problem resolution.
- Responsible for overall incident management, problem management and request fulfillment responsibility of the Service Desk.
- Work with appropriate Department of Information Technology teams to provide all aspects of problem resolution including (but not limited to) problem identification, root cause analysis, troubleshooting, forecasting, escalation, dispatch, and customer follow up.
- Ensures staff takes ownership of user problems.
- Ensures knowledge management and documentation are kept up to date.
- Compiles and maintains the list of FAQs where recommended solutions can be made available for users to increase users' ability to resolve incidents.
*This position will be responsible for additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
Acceptable applicants must possess qualifications from either A or B below:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline, AND
- One (1) year of experience in a Management or Supervisory role working in a technical support and/or service capacity that demonstrates an ability to resolve issues within expectations and to the satisfaction of the customer/client.
- A High School Diploma or GED, AND
- 5 (five) years of experience in a technical support and/or service capacity that demonstrates an ability to resolve issues within expectations and to the satisfaction of the customer/client. This experience must include at least 1 (one) year in a Management or Supervisory role.
*Note The above experience must include:
- A working knowledge of Ivanti Service Manager, Service-Now or other IT Service Management Service Desk Tool
- A working knowledge of the following: Virtualization including VMware, VSphere and/or VMware View, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, VoIP, Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network Attached Storage (NAS), Service-Now or other IT Service Management Service Desk Tools, Windows OS, Active Directory, Mobile Devices and Networking
- Working knowledge of workstation hardware and operating systems
- Active Directory administration experience
- Knowledge of and experience troubleshooting MS Office products and PDF editing tools
Wayne County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based
on religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, height, weight, arrest record or disability.