The Staff Auditor, with significant direction and assistance from the lead auditor, assists with the execution of risk based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With assistance from the lead auditor, acquire and demonstrate knowledge of entity's audit processes, systems, and management controls related to the assigned audit area to develop the audit approach.
- With assistance from the lead auditor, prepare audit program steps, utilizing appropriate audit techniques and analytical techniques to gather sufficient and appropriate audit evidence.
- Develop and demonstrate effective communication techniques through participation in auditee interviews.
- With assistance from the lead auditor, obtain and analyze evidence necessary to answer purpose of audit step and evaluate audit evidence in accordance with audit evidence standards.
- Summarize and document the results of assigned audit areas to accurately answer audit objective(s) and fully develop all aspects of audit areas.
- Complete and document field work on a timely basis to contribute to meeting audit milestones in accordance with applicable auditing standards.
- Throughout the audit, discuss the status of work for assigned areas with lead auditors and other team members.
- With assistance from the lead auditor, prepare oral and written presentation during and at the conclusion of the engagement on areas that could be improved or strengthened and recommend corrective action to improve the operations including presentation to the Committee on Audit.
One to three years of audit experience preferably in internal audit or with a CPA firm, or Government Audit Office. Demonstrated expertise with various software packages including TeamMate and ACL desirable. Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills required.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail: 500 Griswold, Suite 848, Detroit, MI 48226, Attn: Marcella Cora, Auditor General.