The summer intern for the Division of Capital Development and Building Administration will assist with Wayne County's property indexing, audit and disposition project, which seeks to create a comprehensive list of properties owned by the County, the current/future need and ability to sell. Moreover, the intern will assist the Director with capital and preventative maintenance planning for general fund properties which the County maintains. The latter work will include site visits and working with skilled tradesmen to determine the best solution for limited budget expenditures.
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to helping identify use and need for general fund leases, engaging Wayne County's roster of brokers, scheduling all site surveys, resolving parcel splits and working with the community of jurisdiction to assure inclusion in the marketing and decision making process, and draft purchase and development agreements.
Key to this position is having an interest in urban planning, real estate sales and/or economic development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Wayne County's property indexing project, which intends to identify all parcels in Wayne County where the County holds title.
- Once identified, the intern will work with the assessor's office and Wayne County register of Deeds to ensure accuracy of title.
- The intern will be tasked with visiting each property to confirm that the title matches the physical state.
- Assist with the disposition of general fund property assets. This includes the engagement of Wayne County's roster of brokers.
- Schedule all site surveys, and work resolve parcel splits needed for sale of the property.
- Work with the community of jurisdiction where Wayne County properties are being sold to assure that they are included in the marketing and decision making process.
- Assist the Director with capital and preventative maintenance planning for general fund properties which the County maintains.
- Additional projects as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Currently seeking a bachelors or masters degree in a relevant field to urban planning, real estate sales and/or economic development. Examples include economics, finance, real estate, marketing, urban planning, architecture or public policy.
- Experience with GIS not mandatory, but preferred.