Title: Business Analyst
Job Location State: Michigan
Job Location City: Lansing
Number of Positions to Fill 1
Interview Type Either Web Cam or In Person
Please send your Resume to email@example.com
Senior Business Analyst/Consultant: Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs. Experience with analyzing existing IT applications/systems and modernizing them. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant is responsible for analyzing the raw data gathered by the project team, then applying the appropriate tools and techniques to create meaningful results. This individual is an active participant in aspects of department assessment, visioning, and reengineering, they rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, they independently perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as identifying and documenting business requirements, they may lead and direct the work of others, and they may report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective.
- Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting and data warehouse work. Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements. Develops RFPs. Assist in the deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data warehousing requirements and propose solutions.
- Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant must have the following experience, skills, and expertise:
- Experience Required: Bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 10 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Documented experience in facilitating requirements gathering sessions for systems implementations.
- Documented experience in requirements gathering sessions and writing EPICS and User Stories for systems implementations.
- Documented experience in creating various project artifacts, such as product and sprint backlogs (user stories), requirements specifications and traceability, and functional and technical specifications. Documented experience in the development of Functional design documents.
- Experience in Agile and Iterative development. Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, such as TFS or similar.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in verbal and written communication with clients and technical staff in English. Skills Required: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented and able to quickly absorb and apply key aspects of the projects.
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to train end user on software solutions.
- Able to handle multiple priorities. Able to deliver against deadlines with reasonable accuracy. Good interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively deal successfully with a large variety of management personnel and users.
- A capability of giving attention to detail while still understanding and dealing with the global aspects of the project. Description of the requested work, including deliverables and knowledge transfer
- The scope-of-work is to serve as a Senior Business Analyst/Consultant for various MDOT projects; the scope-of-work includes the following: Facilitate requirements meetings. Create product and sprint backlogs, identify development tasks, and create test plans/cases.
- Document business requirements, functional and technical specifications, and test cases. Track and Trace deliverables, a route for review as needed and tabulate feedback. Connect data mapping pieces to produce end to end conversion schematic. Provide methodologies and tracking for Test Cases. Post documents to SharePoint.
- Conduct research to identify detailed requirements pertaining to interfaces and other key aspects of the project.