Title/Role: Business Systems Analyst II
Work Location: Columbia, SC
Citizen Status: Authorized US Worker
Defines customer needs in technical and business contexts. Ensure the proposed technical and business solutions meet the customer's objectives for the work effort. Provide guidance with planning and prioritization of business support-related activities.
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely with customers & developers to help secure agreements necessary to move forward with documenting customer requirements; the why the customer needs something and the what has to happen for the product to be accepted by the customer.
- 30% Elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective. Identify and validate requirements and organize the information into a logical document that is understood by the customer and Information Systems.
- 25% Guide both technical and customer departments in the development of the systems that support the business solution.
- 10% Facilitate the transfer of knowledge about the direction of the business units to others who support them.
- 10% Ensure the accurate deployment of solutions through review of problem logs, assisting with test plans and test matrices, and other analysis activities.
- 10% Provide input on the business direction for system changes.
- 10% Validate the business need for solutions to business problems and process improvements.
- 5% Assist in the development and documentation of training materials. Mentor or train less experienced staff.
- Bachelors in Comp Sci, BA, or related (OR extra 4 years BSA work-related experience) Required (8 years)
- IT Business Analysis experience Required (4 years)
- Agile w/ Scrum Required (2 years)
- Web Application Development team experience Required (4 years)
- Proven ability to capture acceptance criteria and write user stories Highly desired
- MS Vsio - Desired
- Experience with VersionOne Nice to have
This is not a testing requirement
True BA candidate needed
Candidate must be used to fast-faced, formal development process, gathering user requirements.
Background Check - Required
Employment History Check - Required
Drug Screening - Required
Credit Check - Required