The ideal candidate should have Mortage origination and processing exposure**
- Experience managing multiple medium to complex projects, preferably in Banking / Financial Services / Mortgage Banking.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 7 years minimum experience(as described below) preferred OR - 10 years of comparable experience is required.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP from Project Management Institute - PMI), strongly preferred.
- PMI member in good standing preferred.
- 7 years of IT business experience in project management including development, implementation and maintenance of systems preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms OR - 10 years of comparable work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing moderate to large scale projects preferably in Banking or Financial Services.
- Strong project management skillswith the demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple small and large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering,
analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary
testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Strong proficiency with both Agile and Waterfall/SDLC methodologies
- Strong ability to coordinate and execute cross-functionally with technical managers, business
managers, SME's, customers, etc.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules, as well as ensure that plans are in place and
standards are adhered to.
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the
organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner.
- Excellent ability in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application
and operational requirements
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to coach other team members.
- Strong ability to influence those not within direct control.
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and confidence in both the business and IT
- Excellent ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention, and effort between current
project workload and ongoing support tasks.
- Strong financial analysis skills and familiarity with financial reporting tools.
Strong ability to deliver presentations of complex information to a variety of audiences.
Demonstrated ability to manage to a project budget.
Works with businesses to gather requirements and scope large scale and complex projects.
Facilitates the selection of the ultimate solution for the business and conducts cost/benefit
analysis of the alternatives.
Oversees the execution of all aspects of the project implementation for large scale corporative
initiatives, which may include: cost-benefit analysis, work plans, functional and technical
designs, construction testing and implementation. Ensures efficient and high quality
installation of new software and /or systems, and monitors all technical aspects of
Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues,
and makes recommendations on project decision to Program Manager and Senior
Works with the business areas in the operational readiness activities to provide support and
coordination to ensure adoption of new systems and business processes.
Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete
all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to the company's internal
compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing
regulations and policies.