WHO WE ARE
Located in the heart of the Great Lakes region, this special corner of the world offers a unique blend of opportunities for residents and businesses. Located along the Detroit River, our county is home to 34 cities and nine townships, each with its own distinctive character. From urban centers to rural villages, you'll find an exciting array of amenities and activities that make our county a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family. Wayne County is based in the automotive capital of the world, giving us access to the latest technology and resources. We are committed to providing our communities with quality services and facilities that will make them thrive. We invite you to explore our many vibrant communities and discover all that we have to offer! Welcome aboard!
JOIN OUR TEAM
The Juvenile Detention Director oversees all operations and administration of Wayne County's Juvenile Detention Facility (JDF). The Director is responsible for the 24/7 day-to-day operations of the facility, and actively engages in the facility setting including: establishing policies and procedures; providing supervision to JDF Assistant Deputy Directors, JDF regularly assigned law enforcement, general leadership and management of all front-line and supervisory staff; program and service oversight, staff and organizational development, preparing and monitoring the budget; the facility's liaison and providing information to Wayne County representatives, as well as external agencies; preparing and interpreting reports; and ensuring that activities occurring within the facility are in compliance with all state and federal laws, as well as Wayne County administrative policies and regulations.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Human Behavioral Science, Education, Business Administration, or Public Administration.
Masters' degree in Human Behavioral Science, Education, Business Administration, or Public Administration.
• At least five (5) years of experience as an Operations Manager working with delinquency, and/or juvenile justice.
• Two (2) of the 5 years of required experience in a Child Caring Institution.
• Experience with the Wayne County juvenile system of care, including Care Management Organizations (CMOs)
• Experience coordinating and conducting training in accordance with licensing rules for Child Care Institutions
Alternative education and experience:
• Bachelor's degree can be substituted with 10 years of experience as an Operations Manager working with delinquency, and/or juvenile justice. And
• Five (5) of the 10 years of required experience must be in a Child Caring Institution.
• A valid Driver's License and an acceptable, safe driving record.
• Pass a DHHS Clearance, Fingerprinting and a Children's Protective Services History Review
Equal Employment Opportunity: Wayne County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. For information regarding the Department of Justice - EEO Utilization Report, please visit https://www.waynecounty.com/departments/phr/legal-postings.aspx.
Accommodations: If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Wayne County Department of Personnel/Human Resources at 313-224-5901 or via email at email@example.com. Hearing or speech impaired persons using TDD's or similar devices may contact the Michigan Relay Center, toll free at (800) 649-3777 or 711 to communicate directly with the Department of Personnel/Human Resources during regular working hours.